We have noticed over many years in business @ M Kelly Interiors that our customers want the best quality carpet and the best price.
They also want a sustainable carpet and something that goes with the décor of the interior or as close as it can. We have come up with the top tips when buying a carpet and here they are…
- Be realistic: Consider if your house is a busy house or not? Are there heavy-traffic areas? So if you buy a pale plain carpet, you know that will show wear and tear faster than a pattern.
- Budget:If your budget is tight, ask to see stock items, specials or remnants. You can make a great saving and get a higher quality carpet for a reasonable price. We sell lots of remnants in store all year round. Carpet Remnants
- Furniture and curtains:Do you have items in the room that your carpet choice needs to reflect? Try and bring a cushion, tie-back or sample as it makes it much easier to match colours.
- Get measured up:Accurate measurements and planning will minimise waste and costs, and we provide this professional service for free.
- Painted walls:Be flexible. Pick your new paint scheme after the carpet, as there’s a near-infinite choice of paint colours and you don’t want to limit your carpet selection.
- Decor In Fashion:While it’s nice to pick something that is in fashion, be careful you don’t buy a style that will date. Carpet is a long-term purchase and you don’t want to tire of it.
- Inspiration:Look at interior style magazines, Instagram, Pinterest and the web. They’re a great source of ideas and can help you identify the look you want.
- Test your choices: Ask the shop to order or lend you a sample if you’re unsure. It will help to see the carpet in the light of your own home.
- Ask for advice:Our sales staff are really happy to help you. They have years of training and experience, so make the most of their expertise.
- Fitting: Don’t skimp on underlay or fitting. A well-fitted carpet with good underlay will look great. Cutting corners here is a false saving as you will lose the luxury of a professional finish and shorten the life of your carpet. Although we will give you a good deal with underlay.
No matter what your style and taste ,we have a massive selection of carpets to choose from. Call into any of our stores in Sallynoggin, Nutgrove and Our New Store in Newbridge or online @ www.mkellyinteriors.ie